Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Outsiders - Movie vs Novel

The outsiders in my opinion did stay true to the novel. I felt as if in the movie everything happened pretty quickly since obviously it takes longer to read a book. The only thing that was different that I noticed about the characters was johnny. In the novel it said he was really pale but in the movie he was tan and/or dark skinned. The novel made me picture johnny in another way but when I saw the movie i obviously changed the way I looked and thought of him. I think that the actors did a really good job of not only delivering the novels message but actually being like the characters I read in the novel. I really only noticed small details like for example: In the novel dally robbed a store but when I saw the movie dally robbed the store and held up a gun to the clerk. If you think about it, it really is a small detail but changed the way I pictured it. Also Ponyboy even mentioned the "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poem just like he did in the novel like he did in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment